Hi Martin,

The purpose is to isolate Dalvik and its dependencies from rest of the
Android stack. It is for those times when you have a look at the entire
Android stack and have a thought like:

"Hmm. I would like to know only Dalvik code and its dependencies and am
really not interested in the entire stack right now".

The uses could be several. Some examples are:

- Porting onto another CPU architecture
- Using another toolchain for an existing architecture
- Removing bionic dependency
- Removing kernel android shared memory / binder dependency

Avtar