Hi all,

I have done the following changes in the Android source to integrate a
set of static libraries and build a shared library out of them,

1. Created a directory say "DIR" under MYDROID/external
2. Placed all the static libraries (.a) files in "DIR"
3. Have written an Android.mk file to create a shared library Adobe.so
as shown below

    LOCAL_PATH := $(call my-dir)

    include $(CLEAR_VARS)

    LOCAL_STATIC_LIBS:= libadept.a libcryptopenssl.a libdp.a
libfonts.a libhobbes.a libmschema.a libt3.a libxml.a
                                        libzlib.a

    include $(CLEAR_VARS)

    LOCAL_SRC_FILES:= \
    Adobe.c

    LOCAL_MODULE := Adobe

    # Executables are not prelinked.
    LOCAL_PRELINK_MODULE := false

    include $(BUILD_SHARED_LIBRARY)

Here Adobe.c is just a sample .c file which has a printf statement. If
I dont add LOCAL_SRC_FILES then nothing is considered from DIR
directory. After compilation I see a Adobe.so file in out directory /
system/lib folder. But the static libraries are not linked to this
Adobe.so file.

Is this the right way to do? Or should I refer to some API's in the
static library in the Adobe.c to link it to the shared library?

I tried looking into the README.txt and adding CLASSPATH=static
library in init.rc. But these did not help.

Regards,
Priya