Hi All,

I have a device that I'm designing and would like it to run Android.
Moreover, I would like the device to be fully "Android compliant", so
I would be able to make that claim.

Can anyone comment on the following questions or where I'd be able to
get more info?

1) Any info on the Android Comliance Test Suite? Specifically, is this
similar to how MIDP's TCK is used to verify the application api set?
Or does it also contain device hw requirements (e.g., device has to
have screen of certain resolution, touch input, etc.)

2) I've noticed that many of the phones share similar hard keys (e.g.,
home, etc). However, my device may not need all the "standard" hard
keys. Is that okay? (I did read about Microwave running Android at the
CES, but I'm not sure about the default hardkey requirements)

3) I'm planning on having the device connect to a centralized server.
Depending on the end-user I would like to impose a restriction of
whether they would be able download Marketplace applications or not
(say the device is loaned to a guest user for the day and I don't want
them installing any application). Is this allowed?

For the most part, I'd like know more about Android Compliance from a
device manufacturers perspective. I appreciate any guidance you may
have for me.

Thanks,
Xavier