If you've managed to run the ts_calibrate program, you should also
build the other test programs, most notably ts_test and with the
calibration done, you should run ts_test and see if the touch is
responding.

If it is, then you can focus on your Android changes as opposed to not
knowing what part of the touchscreen path is failing..

Regards
-- Ashwin