First you can get bootloader and kernel working. then you can start working
on android FS.

>> Can i use the existing Rowboat or beagleboard android port as starting
point.
kernel patches for torpedo board were not available in any
Logic PD teams were working on it.
Instead of you starting afresh, you can get help from them

You can get contact details here -
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.arm.omap/23190

>>Then try to apply the Torpedo android pathes.
ya, Once you have kernel booted up, then u can start poritng android FS.

Regards,
Deva