Thanks Abukustfan  .

Running cts test cases using startcts script is known to me . but that are
for host machine .
like for running signature test  cases , I run :

 cts > start --plan Signature -t
android.tests.sigtest.SignatureTest#signatureTest

Since apk's of all such test cases are generated in
$(ANDROID_BUILD_TOP)/out/
target/product/generic/data/app .  I was impatient to know if I could run
all these in emulator shell using adb  or on any device using minicom .

I investigated this yesterday  and  found as follows :

1> install all apk's into emulator shell . (using ./adb install )
2> And I am able to run  TestDeviceSetup cts tests  using these command on
emulator shell :
am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n
android.tests.devicesetup/android.tests.getinfo.DeviceInfoActivity

It runs successfully .

A icon in menu of emulator comes up which on clicking shows a screen with
label "DeviceInfoActivity". This corresponding to my TestDeviceSetup apk .

So I want to know how to run in emulator all of other apk's ? or they can
just be tested through cts test script only .

Any light on this query will be appreciated .

Thanks :
Uander