Hi,

I use the original media player from AOSP android-2.1_r1 branch and
add external/alsa-lib, external/alsa-utils, hardware/alsa_sound from
master branch.

HAVE_HTC_AUDIO_DRIVER := false
BOARD_USES_GENERIC_AUDIO := false
BOARD_USES_ALSA_AUDIO := true
BUILD_WITH_ALSA_UTILS := true
was defined in my BoardConfig.mk .

So, I think others driver are not used other than alsa.
Any others file should be modified to use alsa?