Hi ALL,
           I am trying to analyze how JIT works in Dalvik VM. This is
what I understood till now about dalvik :

"After compilation, dalvik builds a shared library libdvm.so. Init
process starts Zygote process and It forks itself to start other
process. Each process loads libdvm.so library and calls various
functions of this library."

I want to modify some portion of dalvik VM so that I can run it on
DSP. Thus Dalvik will run parallely on both ARM and DSP and it will
speed up. I choosed JIT compiler to run on DSP parallely with ARM.

Now I am facing many difficulties like
         1) how processes use Dalvik VM : libdvm.so file ?
         2) Which part can be easily portable on DSP to make it run on
ARM+DSP parallely. I don't want to modify many many codes to
synchronize between arm & dsp. But I want to get a speed up of java
programs by using two cores simultaneously.
         3) there are many C source files inside /dalvik/vm. I don't
understand much about their functions and how they work.

Can anyone explain me to these so that I can improve Dalvik VM as part
of my research project. Any help/source code documentation will be
highly appreciable.

Note: I already enabled  JIT in dalvik & DSP in Android Eclair and
tested both.

Thanks in advance.