Hi,

what I know is battery capacity update is triggered by POWER_SUPPLY_UEVENT,
1, please ensure this UEVENT is sent,
  you can change init.rc 's loglevel to 9 to get the uevent dump.
2, what this command output:
# ls /sys/class/power_supply

I think the plug/unplug make the battery capacity update is because it will
send a POWER_SUPPLY_CHANGED uevnet, and on discharging, you don't let your
driver send the uevent in a time(eg. 60s).

if it's true, you should add a timer or delayed_work in your battery driver
to do this job.

---
Best regards,
Zhang Jiejing