Hi All,

This mail is regarding Bluetooth ON time in Android.

I observed that BT on time takes nearly 6sec to turn on.

I found that *“bt_enable*" function has 3 sec delays
(system/bluetooth/bluedroid/bluetooth.c file) after starting the bluetooth
daemon.

#define HCID_START_DELAY_SEC   3

    LOGI ("Starting bluetooth deamon");

    if (property_set("ctl.start", "bluetoothd") < 0) {

        LOGE("Failed to start bluetoothd");

        goto out;

    }

*    sleep (HCID_START_DELAY_SEC);*

As per my understanding bluetooth daemon sends few Init commands (around 20
commands) to initialize BT chip like enquiry mode, page scan etc...

Really do we need 3 secs delay after bluetooth daemon started?

Can we optimize this delay less than 3 sec?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks in advance

--
Regards