Not much idea about android DRM though, but here is my 2cents..
- in couple of platforms (non-android), i've seen DRM server maitaining
secure rtc based on time received over network..
- provided underlying hardware have and security features (starting with arm
trustzone and security peripherals, dedicated secure mode RTC), and security
middleware component on top it (like one delivered by TrustedLogic, etc),
applications can use those..