On Apr 16, 4:59 am, mizmit1222 <mizmit1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I guess you got very close to make a thing happen.
>  ashmem - OK
>  binder - OK
>  /data fs type - ext2 - OK
>
> Just double checking, but you do chroot to ext2 fs?

Yes, as you can see at the bottom of http://iphwn.org/planetbeing/postmortem/,
both init and strace is run under a chroot environment.

> One more question.
>
> It seems to me "adbd" is up. Is there any way to connect to your
> iPhone
> while booting up through USB or WiFi to get adb logcat?

Yes, I've been connecting over wifi and running the commands. I did
actually obtain a logcat log (using cd /android; chroot . /system/bin/
logcat > /data/blah) but I forgot to upload it. It is here:
http://iphwn.org/planetbeing/postmortem/logcat.log.txt (this is from a
different run)

I don't think the logcat log says anything useful. This is after
servicemanager has started and exited a good few times. As you can
see, it seems like AndroidRuntime is being killed before it can do
anything. I'm not sure how adb works or how I can use it over the
network. This is only "day 2" of my Android experience. :)

Another funny thing I've noticed is that if I kill init, the other
processes it spawns keep working and seem to do a little better. Then
I get stuck on Waiting for SurfaceFlinger, even though there's some
messages from SurfaceFlinger inside logcat.

Also it may be important to note that the GPIO inputs have not yet
been implemented by me, and I've compiled in CONFIG_POWER_SUPPLY, but
I haven't yet put in an interface for it to communicate with the PMU
(so Android wouldn't be able to get power supply status or battery
status). The last thing is that the Android USB gadget drivers are not
working, but that is probably because the host driver I am using (Ben
Dooks's s3c-hsotg driver) seems to be almost unusably buggy on my
hardware.