On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 12:41 AM, ari <das.ar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Coolio,
>                  Your input helped a lot.I had the similar kind of
> issue.I have an application which has to be run from the android
> shell.The requests from the application will go to my library and it
> sends it to the /dev/ttyS0.I have a portlistener in the host windows
> machine which will listen to the port given as emulator option . the
> command is
>
> emulator.exe -avd androidavd -verbose -qemu -serial COM9
>
> But after that there was coming to the portlistener. Then I changed by
> library port options to /dev/ttyS1, but that also didnt work.After
> that I changed /dev/ttyS2 than i was able to see something coming into
> the portlistener.
>
> I want to ask coolio that how did u come to know that it will be /dev/
> ttys2??

Because the Android emulator already uses /dev/ttyS0 and /dev/ttyS1 in the
guest system
for its own usage (/dev/ttyS0 is to get kernel messages, like thoses
displayed with -show-kernel,
and /dev/ttyS1 is to implement the "qemud" multiplexing daemon, an internal
implementation
detail you should not care about).

So when you do -qemu -serial COM9, it really means "allocate the next
available
emulated serial port device and connect it to the host COM9", hence the
/dev/ttyS2