On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 3:33 AM, RaviY <yend...@pv.com> wrote:

> I was able to play the clip fine using the pvplayer_engine_test test
> executable.
>
> Regarding the GUI app, this looks like a missed option in
> MediaFile.java. The details:
> - In mediascanner.cpp, the file is scanned, and it's mimetype is set
> as "audio/3gpp".
> - But, in Mediafile.java, there is no such mimetype listed that will
> qualify this as a valid mimetype.
> - Hence, this file is not added in the database.
> - As a quick test, you can modify "audio/3gpp" in mediascanner.cpp to
> "audio/mp4",

i saw these lines of code in MediaScanner.java

public void setMimeType(String mimeType) {
            if ("audio/mp4".equals(mMimeType) &&
                    mimeType.startsWith("video")) {
                // for feature parity with Donut, we force m4a files to keep
the
                // audio/mp4 mimetype, even if they are really "enhanced
podcasts"
                // with a video track
                return;
            }
            mMimeType = mimeType;
            mFileType = MediaFile.getFileTypeForMimeType(mimeType);
        }

audio/mp4 is already there . Do you want me to add same for audio/3gp ?

or add a new mimetype in MediaFile.java. Either change

I added n new mimetype for audio/3gpp in MediaFile.java . It works out .

Thanks Ravi  for pointers .

Thanks :
Uander