In settings, while configuring eth0 with static ip information, the
dns nameserver values are not updated to
/etc/resolve.conf.

So some websites which expects the nameserver details crashes while
calling  gethostbyaddr.
If we manually add the nameserver ip to the resolve.conf, then the
crash is not observed

for example, if we launch calender from google.com--> more options.

Following is the logcat logs for this issue.
E/InetAddress( 1327): gethostbyaddr: getnameinfo: unknown host
172.29.240.69: Tn
W/dalvikvm( 1327): threadid=53: thread exiting with uncaught exception
(group=0)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1327): Uncaught handler: thread http1 exiting due to
uncaughtn
E/AndroidRuntime( 1327):
java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 1327):        at
java.net.InetAddress.getHostName(InetAddress)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1327):        at
org.apache.harmony.xnet.provider.jsse.OpenSS)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1327):        at
android.net.http.CertificateChainValidator.d)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1327):        at
android.net.http.HttpsConnection.openConnect)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1327):        at
android.net.http.Connection.openHttpConnecti)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1327):        at
android.net.http.Connection.processRequests()
E/AndroidRuntime( 1327):        at
android.net.http.ConnectionThread.run(Connec)
I/Process (  994): Sending signal. PID: 1327 SIG:
3
I/dalvikvm( 1327): threadid=7: reacting to signal
3
I/dalvikvm( 1327): Wrote stack trace to '/data/anr/traces.txt'

Can anybody post a  help to resolve this issue.