Our development environment also uses NFS root filesystem & we use u-
boot to load the kernel Image.

The average boot time on OMAP 3430 with Android 1.6 SDK is 1 min 18
sec.

The average boot time on OMAP 3430 with Android 2.1 SDK is 1 min 30
sec.

We are also trying to explore  areas of booting phase other than 1.
Pre loading  & 2. Scanning for boot time reduction purpose.

Any pointers/hints will be highly appreciated.