if TARGET_BUILD_TYPE is already set somewhere globally,
buildspec.mkignores.. have u taken care of it?

 ifndef TARGET_BUILD_TYPE
 #TARGET_BUILD_TYPE:=release
 #TARGET_BUILD_TYPE:=debug
 endif

not sure if it will help, 'make showcommands' gives whole dump of build
commands, and u might be able to spot why its not set.,

and If your concern is whether BUILD_WITH_FULL_STAGEFRIGHT flag is
effective, you can also add junk characters in source, and see if build
breaks.,

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 10:34 PM, NimeshChanchani <nimeshchanch...@gmail.com