Hello,
I run into configuring new system for android development. And again I
have to hack old, unsupported Java 5 into system which doesn't support
it (Lucid), from company which doesn't support it (Oracle).
I wonder..is it only me who find this as weird obstruction? What are
developers supposed to use? 2yrs old Ubuntu and nothing else?
I understand that there are feature differences between dalvik and
java, but...I don't think that ball is on Oracle side now. If there is
such big problem to move to java6, why we can't have some independent
java implementation from google to let us develop  without downloading
java binaries from obsure servers and hacking it in our systems?