On Jul 2, 1:42 am, xliu <navy.x...@gmail.com> wrote:
> we are planing to port dalvikvm to a new cpu.  we're worry about
> emulator issue because clearly qemu doesn't support own homebrew cpu.
> so i took a dirty investigation on the relationship between qemu-
> emulator-dalvik.  could you go through my sum up and give me some
> comments?

You are correct -- the emulator only matters for "user" builds, where
the build system launches the emulator to run dexopt.  You don't need
it for your porting work.  You could even do the dexpreopt step with a
real device if you don't mind having one plugged into the build
machine.

dalvik/docs/porting-guide.html should explain all you need.