Sorry this isn't supported.  The platform currently has no drag and drop
support built-in; you can just implement your own internal custom drag and
drop like the launcher.

(You can't even really have two activities displayed at the same time, so
that to me would be the first block you'd have even before actually doing
the drag and drop.)

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 8:05 PM, QasewKim <converg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Could anyone help me?
>
> On Jul 12, 11:36 am, QasewKim <converg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is about UI issues.
> > I want to drag and drop Icons between Two Activities(Applications).
> >
> > Now, I am looking at the source code of the "Launcher.java" for Icon
> > Drag & Drop.
> > It seems that the Launcher has a few layouts and Icons are moving
> > between those layouts. And layouts are sending the view
> > informations(like View v, DragSource source, Object info, int
> > dragAction ) each other.
> > Do I understand correctly?
> >
> > But that is occuring in one applications.
> > If some one wants to move icons between two applications, is there way
> > possible?
> >
> > I am thinking like below.
> > Using the AIDL,  "A" application sends the view info via the AIDL of
> > the "B" application. ("B" provides AIDL to others and "B" has Service
> > and Activity.)  And "B" draws immediately the icon in its layout after
> > received the view info from "A". (But this meets some obstacles.
> > Because of transition effect between activities, it seems that "A" has
> > to delete the view immediately  in its own layout after sending the
> > view info to "B". Because transition effect uses the very last scene
> > when it happens. - I am not sure. Please confirm.)
> > What do you think about this?
> >
> > If you(experts) have to do this, how would you implement these things?
> > I want your nicer advices. :)
> >
> > Thank you.

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer