Building a module for Android is trivial (if you've done it before for
Linux).

>From the directory from which your module source is:

# CROSS_COMPILE=arm-eabi- ARCH=arm make -C /android/kernel/directory M=
$PWD modules

Note that the CROSS_COMPILE will only work as above if your Android
toolchain is in your system path.

As for interfacing at the application level as a sensor, well, I have
not done that yet, but it seems like a cool idea.  Like yenchengwang
mentioned, I would take a look at sensor_qemu.c to get an idea of how
it was done.  I would imagine that some knowledge in JNI will be
required, though.

Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,

sws-vinpa.