That is very much not a compatible device.  My pointer would be to tell the
manufacturer to fix their device. :p

If you are building hardware that doesn't have these keys, you will need to
have a software representation of the keys somewhere on screen that is
always available.  You could for example make the status bar taller and put
them there...  and change it so it can't be hidden by apps.  (Because if
they can hide it, the user can easily end up stuck without a way to get
out.)

It would help to have some more context about what you are trying to
accomplish.

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 7:24 AM, Al Sutton <a...@funkyandroid.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have a pointer for how to best handle devices without Home,
> Menu, and back physical keys?
>
> I'm ideally looking for something which will be on-screen (e.g. in the
> status bar).
>
> Al.
> --
>
> * Looking for Android Apps? - Try http://andappstore.com/ *
>
> ======
> Funky Android Limited is registered in England & Wales with the company
> number  6741909.
>
> The views expressed in this email are those of the author and not
> necessarily those of Funky Android Limited, it's associates, or it's
> subsidiaries.

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer
hack...@android.com