Hi!

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 5:27 AM, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com> wrote:
> Correct you have to reboot.
> You could probably verify that by trying to reboot yourself, yes?

Yes, we did reboot but it still does not work. Application with this
permission does not get added to the "wifi" group. Even uninstalling
and installing application does not help.

So what I am asking is that in theory it should be enough just to add
this new permission file and reboot and all applications with this
permission would be assigned "wifi" group? I was reading the Java code
handling all this and it seems quite complicated. Maybe there is a
cache which is not cleared even after the reboot. For example,
updatePermissionsLP has some "replace" flags which are not called in
all cases:

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/frameworks/base.git;a=blob;f=services/java/com/android/server/PackageManagerService.java;h=d23c16abde6e0488baffa3fd34403d0ae20394a8;hb=HEAD#l3984

So it should be enough to reboot? Is it necessary to reinstall the
application or application which is already installed should after
reboot gets new group added when launched? I am asking this so that we
can narrow search for errors in our code.

Thanks

Mitar