Hello Dianne,

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com>wrote:

> Don't use overlays...? :}  Seriously, most overlay hardware doesn't support
> blending.  Depending on the hardware, you may be able to get a jagged (1-bpp
> alpha) shape of the cursor, but some hardware only supports rectangles so
> you couldn't get even that.
>
> Thanks for the reply. I am able to see the same mouse cursor properly in
same hardware, when I am using qt-embedded as the underlying graphics
system. Thus I thought that technically this is possible to do.

I wanted to know, whether from basic image(Bitmap) rendering point of view,
am I missing something, which may not be very specific to mouse image
rendering, but in general any bitmap image rendering.

Thanks and regards
-Nitin