You can use ARMV5 toolchain, as the binaries will be  100% compatible with
ARMV6 boards. (only feature of ARMV6 missed is simple atomic LL/SC cp5
command).
if you dont have compelling need to use ARMV6, you can stick with ARMV5
builds.

if not, ppl have done it previously.
You can start with modifying arm architecture specified in build/core/combo/
linux-arm.mk.

armv6 build on a omap2430 -
http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/403a84e8112be6b1/4cd881066d94fb74
Building android for armvv6 -