Hello,

We are trying to compare different SW/HW solutions in terms of video
playback performance. Ideally we want to play a series of videos with
different bit rate and resolution, and check how well the platform can
play it. For example, counting how many frames are dropped in each
scenario.

However, it seems like there is no public API in the standard Android
framework to find out about video playback statistics.

Can anyone suggest a good way for measuring video playback
performance? We would try to avoid modifying the framework if possible

Thanks!