Hi

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 1:03 PM, neeloor2004 <neeloor2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I can start a daemon from  init.rc , but I don’t want to start my
> daemon  at boot  so how can I start a daemon after system is fully
> up ? can I use system () call to start daemon ?

You can create a script to do that and chmod it ( chmod 755 script ).
Usually android provides the service command like:

service media /system/bin/mediaserver
    user media
    group system audio camera graphics inet net_bt net_bt_admin

If your deamon fit in these parameters it will be easier to control it.

> One more question my daemon is using IP tunnel  and I wanted to load
> IPIP module [Normally I use modprobe ipip, but how I do that in
> android ?, do I have to set kernel options ?]
> (I am working with an OEM so I have access to full source)

You do the same way, android provides a insmod also ( actually I
rather use insmod from busybox). When compiling the kernel just mark
the driver as a module, copy the .ko file to a proper place like
/system/lib/modules and you are ready to go.

[]'s

Hamilton Vera

> Thanks in advance
> Neeloor

Hamilton Vera
int Administrator (char Network[],char ComputationalSystems[])
http://hvera.wordpress.com