Hi Hamilton:
    "as far as I know the behavior should be the same no matter
what bootloader you are using."
    Yes! I definitely agree.

    And yes, I also tried to find the answer from the MX51 data
Sheet(MCIMX51RM.pdf), but actually, I think the datasheet does NOT make
things clearly.
    There is no chapter: "System Boot", but the chapter talks about how to
use IOMUX and Pin hardware configuration to decide where to Boot device.
    But it does not say how the BOOT ROM deals with the external ROM
code(NAND/SD...)

    Actually, we have one board that design base on the MX51 EVK and we
found after insert the R9.1 Android UBoot code, we could not got any UART
trace.
    But with the same board, if we are using WinCE6 code, the board can boot
normally!
    So I have to understand what happened inside and try to figure out why
uboot can NOT boot(with our new board) or why uboot can boot(with EVK
board)...

    I also post the problem on freescale forums, but still in waiting a good
answer...