Hi,

On Nov 22, 12:25 pm, Deva R <r.deva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Has any one been able to do this? Is there some official doc from
> Android on how to achieve this?

In the company that I work for, we have been working on an Android 2.2
dual display solution.

The basic idea is:
- Applications will via a framework extension indicate the display ID
where the application should run
- The WindowManagerService will at application start time get the
requested display ID from the starting application
- WindowManagerService provides the display ID to the SurfaceFlinger
which will create a new surface on the requested display
- The SurfaceFlinger has been modified to handle compositions using
OpenGL on multiple displays
- The ActivityManager has been modified to allow the top applications
to run simultaneously on two displays
- The event system has been extended to handle a secondary touch
device operating in parallel. This has been integrated with the
WindowManagerService which takes care of dispatching events to the
proper applications

We have uploaded a video to YouTube showing our prototype:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CWl4bTRKuw

Hope this will help you.

Best regards,
 Mikkel Christensen