We're developing a group of applications and want to reuse resources
(drawables, styles, colors...) in all of these apps to have a
consistent and modifiable system.

Is there a way to have an "Android Project Library" of resources that
are not shared on the platform but built into each app seperatly (into
the apk) by the android build system? If it can be done by the ADT
plug-in it should be able to be done by the build system?

http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/eclipse-adt.html#libraryProject

How would the Android.mk file look for the app and the library?
Could you use LOCAL_JAVA_RESOURCE_DIRS ?

I looked into public and internal resources and concluded that these
will break compability when upgrading the platform (if not rebuilding
all the apps again and shipping them with the upgrade).

//Anders