You can track who holds and releases wake_lock.

I looked into this a bit sometimes back, to reduce this exact delay, but
shortening the delay is not a quick hack it seems.

The delay between 'key-press' and 'actual-suspend' is mostly dicated by user
side, which are mostly due to wakelock held by below components
 -system activity wakelock management is at
 ./frameworks/base/services/java/com/android/server/PowerManagerService.java

 -key events handling from
  ./frameworks/base/libs/ui/EventHub.cpp

its also very possible that a kernel driver also holding a wakelock for some
timeout period..

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Arun Joseph <arunjosep...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get suspend/resume enabled in OMAP3 EVM with rowboat
> sources. For this I enabled power management feature (set hw.nopm to
> false). When I press power key, early-suspend handlers are getting
> executed and surfaceflinger is down. But It takes 6-7 seconds to enter
> into linux suspend procedures (enter_state).
>
> What would be the reasons for there is a delay between
> request_suspend_state and enter_state invokations?
>
> I see an new wake lock introduced to the system: lock name: alarm lock
> type WAKE_LOCK_SUSPEND timeout 5.0 seconds after I press power key.
>
> Can someone help me in understanding where this wakelock is getting
> introduced from? Is this wakelock delaying the suspend procedure?
>
> Thanks,
> Arun

Regards,
Deva