Ok so a friend of mine showed me one of these chinese imitation ipads,
which of course turns out to be a piece of crap.... really slow and
with an impossible touchscreen. But it's worth 60 bucks and comes with
a usb dongle to connect stuff to it, so it got me thinking: since it
already has android, maybe I can install a console only android on it
and buy one of these portable keyboards and have a nice, cheap, 3g
enabled ssh console to connect to my servers when I'm not on my pc. So
the question(s) becomes:

Can I do this?
what hardware should I buy (what "scipad" and keyboard)
What version of android should I get and how do I install it? (a
barebones one would be nice, anything with a gui would make the device
too slow to use comfortably)

Please bear with me, I'm a noob when it comes to gadgets, but I know a
lot about pcs in general, linux and programming so I feel I might be
able to pull it off if it's at all possible and I'm pointed in the
right direction.

Thanks in advance!