Hi Ashwin, Muhammad,
 Thanks for your replies.

 Yes, Ashwin, I do have an FPGA and processor softcore that has Linux
booting.

 What I want to understand better is whether the Android build process
has to be altered to obtain an image that works in the softcores of
the FPGA or the regular build will work? If the builds have to be
altered, can you provide pointers to what kind of alterations are to
be done.

 Thanks,

-Kumar.