First of all I suggest that you start with a more recent version of
Android since "Cupcake" was the first..we're up to 2.3 Gingerbread
now..

Next, might I suggest that you tell us WHAT hardware you are trying to
get Android up on, so we can point you to an existing port as a
starting point.

Failing that, once you download the recent version of Android, add
support for your hardware to the Kernel and start from there..

Regards
-- Ashwin