Hello,

I am working on implementing an SDK-addon and wonder how to setup my
components and source codes.

I have seen the sample-addon but somehow it does not feel like this
offers enough of a sample to explain all I would like because my SDK-
addon also contains a service.

My setup looks pretty much like this

     Sample Activity

          | SDK-addon jar(when compiling)
          | /system/lib/myaddon.jar on the target at runtime

 Client facing Java API

          | (AIDL generated stubs)

       Service

     Library code used by the service (optional)

>From the source code I think I need to create the following
D1) An APK to get my service running  (on the target/emulator)
D2) A jar + /etc/permission/myaddon.xml so my sample activity can find
    the classes at runtime
D3) a SDK-addon (containing javadoc  the file system images and the
myaddon.jar)

I am trying to understand how I can best setup my android makefile/source
repository
>From prototyping such a setup on the standard SDK I end up with a few
eclipse project

P1) myaddonClientLib (Java code wrapping AIDL)
P2) myaddonInternalInterfaces (AIDL code and constants) this is a "library"
project
P3) myaddonImpl (The service implementation)

P2 is shared between the "client and server" as library project

How can I setup something like this in the android source code repository?

I have the follow problems/questions:
At first I "just" did put all the code into one source repository is this
the right approach?
Is it normal that I need to generate booth the myaddon.jar and use the same
code in a APK package?
The {@hide} tags and such don't work in the sample addon should I put my
API's somewhere else?
I have been quite happy developing using the SDK but it looks like my
productivity is going down
when creating this addon. What does the flow look like when developing a
addon?
I found this workflow
http://www.androidenea.com/2010/05/android-open-source-project-workflow.html
Can I do something like that?