I'm running into the same issues as the other discussion below
outlines.  I'm integrating a resistive non multitouch touchscreen and
have verified that at the Ev kernel level the events are providing
relatively correct position data for where I touch the screen.

http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/a14abd6664ee05ff/fc50b74e5b9533a7?#fc50b74e5b9533a7

My assumption is the hierarchy is roughly this for how a input device
is handled.
Kernel touch driver
   -> kernel (Ev) Input event interface (/dev/input/...)
      -> Android EventHub
         -> Android InputDevice
            -> Android KeyInputQueue
               (Getting into the above layer, but null'ing out for
some reason on a call that I mention below)
               -> Android WindowManager

I've worked around the device class issue that this other thread
mentions (touchscreen was being misclassified as a multitouch), but
I'm returning from the "generateAbsMotion" call in InputDevice.java
with a null.  It looks like the mNextNumPointers or mLastNumPointers
are invalid.  Thus I don't see any events getting queued for the
WindowManager to process.

Any pointers to where I should specifically look for an answer would
be great.  I'll continue stepping through the calls to see if I can
figure it out.

Thanks
Matt