furthermore... Androd.mk has dhcp.conf commented out,

And android.conf has to be changed cause it only contains wifi
interface options,
if you want it to set ethernet you need to add interface for eth0.

And dhcp-run-hooks trys to write to /dev/null which has been touched
by another android service, and it fails because of permissions.
(dhcpcd user is not root for some reason)

now dhcpcd sets ethernet ip and dns properly, but download is still
not working...