There is support in the Android Framework for CDMA/EVDO, but you will
have to write your own Vendor RIL to let the Android Framework
communicate with the Huawei modem.  I'm not aware of any open
reference implementations for a CDMA modem.  I believe the AT-based
reference vendor RIL provided by Google works for GSM/UMTS.  Most RIL
implementations are kept proprietary by device/modem manufacturers.

-- John