Hi

I've been reading the several posts about the limitations of Bluetooth
in Android handsets.

My system requires establishing connections with all the devices which
it encounters in the environment (with the same UUID) and also accept
connections from other. In this scenario, each Android handset should
provide client and server features simultaneously.

The first limitation seems to be regarding the need to pair devices in
order to enable communication between them. Is there any way of by-
passing this step grammatically? (is it necessary to go to the Bluezd
driver for that?). I was diving in the source code and I couldn't find
the right way of doing it.

Secondly, it looks like it is not possible to listen for incoming
connections when there are other ongoing connections or, on the other
hand, it doesn't allow establishing new connections if there is also
another thread listening for incoming connections. In some posts which
can be found in stackoverflow and other google groups (e.g.
developers) looks like it is not possible to have a listening socket
and a connection socket at the same time. In my case, it throws
exceptions such as:

java.io.IOException: socket closed (in the client side) and
java.io.IOException: Software caused connection abort (in the server
side)
java.io.IOException: Operation Canceled
java.io.IOException: Connection timed out

Does anyone know why google disables all those features and how they
can be by-passed? Does it require modifying the Bluetooth driver or
can be done at a higher level?

Many thanks,