Thank you for the inputs

I still have a few more queries
(a) So is it that we do not need to go via OpenSL for a adding a
custom effect. ?
(b) In the link given below
http://www.khronos.org/message_boards/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3612

I understand that we can add custom effects by introducing a new
interface in OpenSL . In the OpenSl framework implemented
in Android is this feature not supported?
(c)If supported , what would be the steps involved.