Hi All,

My Android platform does not have any physical button except the power
key.
I meet a problem on porting the Home / Menu / Back button on
touchscreen.

I already searched the keyword to sdudy this issue in this group and
found a
similar discussion:
http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/7ee707d1b1923ac2/a551d6febc773b13?lnk=gst&q=home+menu+back#a551d6febc773b13

May I ask it again if there is anyway to achive the goal? Or it can be
done only
adding these buttons on status bar?

My orignial idea is to add an AppWidget on homescreen and implement
these buttons.
However, I met some problem at Home button porting (function doesn't
work, terminate unusually).
For Menu and Back Key, I don't have any idea to implement them.
Do you have any insight about it?
Even though I can finish the above efforts, how can I control these
buttons to
let them always display at partial region on screen?

One more thing is sometimes I have to hide these buttons for other
purpose.
I think I have overcome this part by using API setViewVisibility(xxx,
View.INVISIBLE).

Any advice or information is great. Firstly I better to know if my
idea can work.