Dirk -

Thanks so much for the tip!  Not only did you point me to the console output
line where the text is created (it was actually in the main() function of
init.c), but it also pointed out that I can override this behavior by
providing an RGB565 image called initlogo.rle to display instead of this
text.

I will give this a whirl.
Cheers!