Hi,
I am trying to integrate some proprietary sound processing
capabilities (bass, equalizers, sound enhancement) to android-powered
mobile devices.
At this moment I search for a possibility to integrate my sound
processing to media applications without changing the system libraries
(i.e. without involving device manufacturer).
After passing through the android documentation, the source code and
even writing some my own code, I still have some questions:

- If I understood correctly, the effects library (like *.so) should
reside only under /system/lib/audiofx. Is it correct?
- If so, is it possible to install my audio effects library to this
location in some way appropriate for users - creating some kind of
installer or something?
- Is it possible for applications to request from audiofx to search
for the additional effects libraries in some other locations, or it is
just hard-coded?

I will be thankful for any help and advice.