On 30/03/11 17:58, Bjarke Freund-Hansen wrote:
Hi CVS

Thanks a lot for your explanation. Do you have any pointer for where
in the source I should look for this functionality?

Specifically I have been looking at the source for adb which seems to
call the __reboot syscall with "recovery" as a parameter. But nowhere
in the Android Linux kernel can I see this information being stored
for use by the the bootloader. Also looking at the
bootable/bootloader/legacy, which I assume is the default bootloader,
I am unable to locate where the command to boot into recovery mode is
picked up. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

I was trying to figure out the answer to very similar question a while back (September 2009, to be precise). I don't remember the precise things I looked at, but I published it at http://www.lingnu.com/en/android/68-htcandroidrebootoptions.html. From the bottom of that page:
The reboot command line is taken from the reboot command source for the open source version, at system/core/toolbox/reboot.c. The "-n" and "-p" options are handled there.

The argument for reboot is transferred, as is, into the kernel. The meanings provided here are taken from the HTC Magic kernel sources (available from the HTC web site) at arch/arm/mach-msm/pm.c.

I hope this helps.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh