Well the wallpaper is a completely different application.  If you are using
a static wallpaper, it is the special service in the system process that
draws it.  Otherwise it is something else.  At any rate, it is a different
surface than the app.  It may be using a different bit depth.  It doesn't do
anything special though -- the one for static images just does a
drawBitmap() of the wallpaper on to its surface.

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 3:05 AM, Cat <typing...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> My situation is similar to the following question:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/f987561293af7e59/1576aefc22959d09?lnk=gst&q=black#1576aefc22959d09
>
> Since there was no reply for that question, maybe I am not getting an
> answer either, but I just want some general help.
>
> The wallpaper's colours look OK. I can see blue lake and green
> mountains. But the search widget, and the android help widget are all
> black. Plain black. The background of the dialer, app drawer and web
> browser icons is translucent black, and the icons are all black. This
> means that the wallpaper and the widgets are drawn by different
> graphic systems?
>
> I only modified gralloc.c and framebuffer.c. Which files would you
> suggest for me to check/modify in this situation. The EGL? Sorry, I am
> just a beginner. Please give me any hint.
>
> PS: I was searching all over Google for any porting help, but could
> not find any good source. Is there any?

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer
hack...@android.com