Hey Friends,

This is surya.I need some help from you.

I am trying to customize android desktop .(like I want to put my own home
screen, layout,icons etc..).I could harldy find resources in internet
..Kindly help me in this regard..I would be thankful to u..

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Pradeep Bhatt <bhatt.prad...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Yes , it is for a device that will be in market in a couple of months.
>
> We would prefer 2.3 but that depends on our ODM and they have agreed for
> 2.3 at a much later date, before that we'll release with 2.2
>
> 2.3 Dalvik  has a lot of good features the best being concurrent garbage
> collector.
>
> I thought Dalvik should be backward compatible and should be relatively
> easier to backport to 2.2. Correct me if I am wrong.
>

> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com>wrote:
>
>> Why not just use 2.3?
>>
>> If this is for a device that will ship with Market, we would very much
>> prefer that you do not do things like port newer parts of the platform to
>> older releases; you should always snap to the most recent release so
>> applications have a consistent environment.
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 12:12 AM, Pradeep <bhatt.prad...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> For all the benefits of 2.3 Dalvik, I was planning to port it to our
>>> platform which uses 2.2.
>>>
>>> Has anyone tried this ? Is it straightforward or  involves lot of
>>> changes ?
>>>
>>> Regds,
>>> Pradeep
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Dianne Hackborn
>> Android framework engineer
>> hack...@android.com
>>
>> Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to
>> provide private support, and so won't reply to such e-mails.  All such
>> questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and
>> answer them.
>>

>  --

Thanks & Regards,

Suryatej,
 9247714040.

Please  Save paper,   Save trees.
Please don't print this email and documents unless it is really necessary.