On Apr 28, 10:46 am, Diego Rondini <diego.rond...@kynetics.it> wrote:
> To make it work I had to force the send boolean variable to true after
> "preprocessEvent" in KeyInputQueue.java. I was getting true only for the SYN
> event...
>
> Now I'm investigating why I get false from preprocessEvent for every ABS
> event, but is anyone else experiencing this problem? Can anyone explain me
> briefly what preprecessEvent does and if I have to modify the implementation
> in
> WindowManagerService.java ?

Hello again!

Uncommenting some log messages in preprocessEvent in
WindowManagerService.java I found out that the culprit was this line:

boolean screenIsOff = !mPowerManager.isScreenOn();

screenIsOff is true (yes, mPowerManager.isScreenOn() returns false
even if my screen is on), so preprocessEvent returns false because it
thinks the screen is off.
In conclusion I'm missing something in PowerManagerService.java or I
haven't implemented something that is required for my platform. Can
anybody point me to some resources to Android Power Management
internals or give me some hints of where to look at?

Thanks,
Diego