Hi all ,

i am able to boot android froyo on DM368 board from NAND flash ,but
its very slow .I am ignoring the first time booting time .Its taking
15 min approximately to boot from the next time onwards.

i am using initramfs as android rootfs filessytem. the android kernel
boots and mounts the system,data,cache partitions.

the problem is at the android side.it takes lot of time to launch
services and applications.

when i boot the same android kernel with NFS filesystem ,the booting
time is approximately 1 min .i think the filesystem is clean.

the following are the things which are eating time .

1. yaffs2 driver is attempting to mount the system,data,cache
partitions.its slow here .

2. zygote dameon is preloading the classes .its taking lot of time .

3. when the package manager is scanning the packages in the system/app
system/framework directories.

4. one more warning i see very often in the logcat msg ,

W/SharedBufferStack( 1789): waitForCondition(DequeueCondition) timed
out (identity=0, status=0). CPU may be pegged. trying again

this is one more thing which slows down the booting process.

should i change the yaffs2 driver or is it the problem with NAND chip
( i see more than 16 Bad blocks on my nand chip)

can anyone help me in undetstanding the problem here , how i can
improve the booting time and bring it down to less than 1 min .

Thanks,
Siva.