Hi,
As rightly quoted in the thread here, the ril.cpp is just an interface
for the framework to interface with the RIL. The actual handling would
require the translation of the Ril java request (RIL_REQUEST_SIM_IO)
to a AT command viz. +CRSM by implementing the AT command handler in
the RIL

As is the case, the RIL is a modem vendor implementation and hence the
request/response handler for the SIM I/O request would be
present in the Vendor RIL.

However the reference-ril does provide an implementation of the +CRSM
handler :

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/hardware/ril.git;a=blob;f=reference-ril/reference-ril.c;h=633ad8b270f391cb4d289cea6befe2886ac93eb3;hb=HEAD

You can refer this code in order to understand the functionality.

Regards
Milind Nadkarni