Hello
On Monday, May 16, 2011 5:48:28 PM UTC+2, Digit wrote:

> They are not merge, they are simply searched in numerical order (so
> sysdir.1 first, then sysdir.2, etc...)
> A platform add-on typically provides a full system.img if it provides new
> system libraries / frameworks.
>
> There is no way to provide partial system images that get merged into the
> main one.

Thanks I also found the same answers in the code here
external/qemu/avd/info.c It makes me wonder in what situations
the add-on would use the stock system image(containing no changes to the
official platform).

Here is the info from external/qemu/avd/info.c for referance

 * Each AVD corresponds to a "content directory" that is used to
 * store persistent disk images and configuration files. Most remarkable
 * are:
 *
 * - a "config.ini" file used to hold configuration information for the
 *   AVD
 *
 * - mandatory user data image ("userdata-qemu.img") and cache image
 *   ("cache.img")
 *
 * - optional mutable system image ("system-qemu.img"), kernel image
 *   ("kernel-qemu") and read-only ramdisk ("ramdisk.img")
 *
 * When starting up an AVD, the emulator looks for relevant disk images
 * in the content directory. If it doesn't find a given image there, it
 * will try to search in the list of system directories listed in the
 * 'config.ini' file through one of the following (key,value) pairs:
 *
 *    images.sysdir.1 = <first search path>
 *    images.sysdir.2 = <second search path>
 *
 * The search paths can be absolute, or relative to the root SDK installation
 * path (which is determined from the emulator program's location, or from the
 * ANDROID_SDK_ROOT environment variable).